Beta Warlock Destruction Rotation
|an underwater mount!|
As I quested, I played around with my Destro spell rotation, until I came up with this:
- Bane of Havoc - instant cast
- Curse of Elements - instant cast
- Corruption - instant cast
- Fel Flame - Instant cast and buffs damage on Immolate, works as great filler before Conflag can be used. Very little damage done.
- Shadowflame - instant cast - nice CC with fear aspect. This would create a great fail safe when I aggro'd too many mobs. I could dot, then shadowflame, and get back to my primary target. Unfortunately they are harder to kill as they are same or higher level than me.
- Chaos Bolt - not currently in my rotation, but available.
- Shadow Bolt (mouse button 4) - only when instant cast with Nightfall proc. I was surprised with the current number of nightfall proc's. Sometimes, I would simply target a mob and nightfall would trigger.
This build (0/4/32) and rotation was a bit fragile. I died 2-3 times in one area, where I kept aggroing multiple mobs. I recently put the 2 points into Soul Leech for the replenishment factor after dinging 82 last night. I currently have 2 points in Improved Soul Flame (0/4/34), which I plan to spec out of. The 5sec cast time on that spell is not ideal for questing. I am considering either put them into Dark Arts or Empowered Imp. eImp buffs SoulFire, so maybe not that.