Basic idea (afaik):
- Find and then take over enemy post (one in each corner) until you get the flag.
- Once you get flag, you run to the center with it (don't mount up)
- Defend yourself and the flag until it claims that base as yours.
- As you own a base, you get resources associated with that base.
- Winner is decided by the first team to reach 1600 resources. More bases owned = quicker you win.
As the place you turn in the captured flag is in the middle of the map, there was always a ton of action there. Nice because as a clothy, I had lots of backup (sometimes) and someone to root/cc the mobs attacking me from behind. Defending a base is a cheap way to participate, at least as long as you maintain the base. :)
Succy was still my favorite pet in this. Again she seduced an attacking enemy, long enough for me to get off a death coil.
Things that didn't work:
- I have my trinkets bound to my corruption spell. In raid gear, this is the Nevermelting Ice Crystal. Recently for my PVP gear, I started equipping my insignia of the horde. I've found myself hitting the corruption spell to trigger the crit damage, only to blow the cooldown on my escape mechanism.
- Maybe change out corruption macro to something else for PVP mode?
- Since I haven't trained into destructive reach (in my current 0/13/58 build), I don't have the same reach as the melee classes. I can't cast fear without getting into their field. So, they can charge me before, I can even start casting.
- May have to consider using my duel spec for a pvp build and not an affliction build.Or maybe run my affliction build AS my PVP build?? :)
- In some ways, that would work nicely since my spell rotation would automatically change.
- No stun. Conflagerate is my only stun at the moment. That requires that I have immolate or shadowfury on him already.