- Collect sunshine pellets (+5 sunshine) by right clicking on them.
- Plant sun spitters (20 sunshine - dps)
- Plant sunflowers (10 sunshine - generates more solar power) and collect sunshine pellets
- Plant sun spitters
- Pickup icey plants (20 sunshine - slow)
- Phase 2, but now you get 'rocknut' (15 sunshine mini tank). Will aggro zombies around it and they'll attack it down. You can put these behind zombies and they'll turn around to attack it.
- You pickup a strangle vine (30 sunshine). It will attack a single zombie until dead by swinging it around.
- Add exploding pumpkins (40 sunshine) - aoe damage that kills most enemies. Get zombies, through aboms. Necessary on final push of this phase.
A winning configuration.
- Here's where it broke on me. ? ticket submitted. Tired, I logged out. Edit: GM responded. Same as comments, too bad, please try it again.
- Edit: Easy. Once I got a good base down, I was able to beat the boss on the first pass.
- New Sunflower as soon as on cool down.
- Drop only a DPS when you have 3 sunflowers in place. I placed it in the row with 2 zombies by now.
- Keep adding sunflower, dps and maybe rocknut until you fill 2 rows of sunflowers.
- In front of DPS, place frost flowers. The slow, but don't do DPS.
- In front of the frost wave, I put totems, and lashers. When one was eaten through, I'd repopulate.
- Replace back 4 rows only when boss tossed them down.
- Boss has a few abilities.
- Boss kills your plants by throwing stuff at them - replant.
- Boss drops totems that spawn more undead.
- Boss has a poison gas, don't know really what it did.
There's a great guide that has quite a bit more screen shots and details over at "Blessing of the Grove". I haven't seen anyone on the server with this pet yet. Guidlies claim they have, but not sure when they got it. Maybe before last patch?