Here's some information on how each of the currencies will be converted in the next content patch. Keep in mind these values may change, and they can get a bit math heavy. Just know that our intent is to appropriately value each mark and provide a conversion we feel is fair.
The following items are immediately converted to gold:
- Emblem of Heroism = 5.5 gold each
- Emblem of Valor = 5.5 gold each
- Emblem of Conquest = 5.5 gold each
- Badge of Justice = 1.833 gold each
Your New Honor Points total will be the sum of the following amounts:
- Old Honor * 0.024
- Old Arena Points * 0.85
- Battleground Mark of Honor * 2.976
- Wintergrasp Mark of Honor * 19.08
- Stone Keeper Shard * 1.6
- Venture Coin * 3
- Spirit Shard * 1Your Justice Points total will be equal to (Emblems of Triumph + Emblems of Frost ) * 2.75
Again, the softcap for both Honor and Justice conversions is 4000 points. This means that if a character converts to above 4,000 points, it will not be possible for them to earn more until they fall below the 4,000 cap.
A hardcap will be implemented in a following patch before Cataclysm's release. At that time, any excess points above 4,000 will be converted as follows:
- Honor points above 4,000 are converted to gold at a rate of 35 silver per point of Honor.
- Justice points above 4,000 are converted to gold at a rate of 2 gold per point of Justice.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Warcraft patches your existing badges and PVP tokens and honor will be converted to the new Cataclysm currency, gold or Catacylsm Honor and Justice Points. This means that if you had been looking forward to that last piece of your pvp arena gear, or that last tier piece... it maybe in your best interest to get it before the PTR build goes live.