I'd love to have Blizzard improve upon this goofy looking mount. When I jump from the top of the stairs while mounted on my Hawkstrider, I'd like to slow-fall to the bottom, no damage. Jump off a cliff, the hawkstrider pops it's wings and we fall gracefully to the bottom. Now this isn't a flying mount, I can't direct my fall, I simply get a buff until I float to the bottom.
Where I'd use it:
- Questing - Need to get down to the bottom of an area, and don't want to run all the way around.
- PVP - Eye of Storm has Horde starting on top of giant cliff. You either jump down to ledge half way, or take 20% damage by jumping down to bottom.I can think of a Grizzly Hills quest to gather some flower from this mining pit...
- Exploring - When I wanted to explore Darkshore, I flew to Felwood and then jumped down the enormous waterfall down to the bottom. This was extremely painful as you took falling damage 2-3 times, depending on how you landed.
- Dalaran - as I mentioned earlier, after porting back into Dal from Wintergrasp, if I could slow fall from the top of the stairs down to the bottom and not take damage... cool!
Ok, how about all faction mounts get a buff of sorts.
- Orc Wolf mounts could get a speed increase when they ran in packs.Or maybe just a slight run speed. Say a 105% run speed.
- Tauren Kodos could be true 4-wheel drive interior crocodile alligator. No (reasonable) terrain can't be covered. In the age of flying mounts, this wouldn't be that big of deal. Of course, in PVP situations, you may want to make sure you have a kodo..
- Raptors would, well I don't know. Eat critters to regen.. How about that, you can feed your raptor mount and making it harder to be dismounted. Also beneficial in PVP situations.