Ulduar: Flame Leviathan = Fun!
OK, so for my first time ever into Ulduar, I only saw one boss, but this was a fun fight. I rode along with a guidlie as the gunner on Flame Leviathan. For those that have never run Uludar, this is an all vehicle battle.
- you start in the vehicles and die when you get out (at least during the storms of Thorims Hammer)
- you have helicopters and ground troops trying to take you out
- you have 2 different shot mechanisms plus a shield (on the siege engine)
- like OS, you can choose your difficulty and rewards by how many towers you leave up. We tried several times with 2 towers up, and decided to take down the Tower of Flames.
As the gunner, I had 3 roles.
- Shoot down towers and helicopters during initial siege.
- Shoot down pyrite deliveries. Think they are siege engine fuel.
- Shields up when targeted by FL. DPS like crazy when not targeted.
Overall, we wiped approximately 6 times on this partially noob-equipped fight. It was a lot of fun once I figured out how to find my driver's tank. Getting on Vent would have probably saved some of that headache. When it was all said and done, a runed orb and 3 non-warlock (plate & mail) items dropped. Now that the instance should have reset today (patch day!), I can look into doing this again! I was once in a PUG that was looking to do a late night FL run. They said they knew of a way to 8-man the 25-man version of this fight. I think if they took out all the towers, it might actually be possible.
Post a Comment