Can't Stop this .. Waiting.
I took so long to publish on this post that 9.1 dropped. Spent the last few weeks getting into the content so this is slightly outdated, but still slightly useful.
In the meantime, it has allowed me to get the Mythic+ achievement for +10 or better dungeons. My hunter is sporting 200-226 level gear. My alliance warlock has reached 190s and is working on a few low-level mythic dungeons.
So, what do I do instead? Start an alt. Just started a new warlock on Stormrage. Enervati - the one who causes enervation - a feeling of being drained of energy or vitality; fatigue. I was considering a character move to Stormrage to join "The Turtles" over there, but there already was an "Erlenmyer-Stormrage", a level 50 warrior still sporting heirlooms. Starting over new on a new realm is hard, but not impossible. My largest issue was gold.
- On toon with rep with Anglers, fly out to Angler's island and chat with Nat Pagle to buy another pair of Angler's Water Striders.
- Enchant heirloom gear and send it over to warlock. Found out the hard way, that SL enchants don't work as they require character level 50 before they activate. Probably need to use last-expansion enchants, but I didn't investigate.
- Buy 60-ish Northrend meats to level cold-weather cooking to 25+. [Rhino Meat] was selling for about 10s so I bought 100 of them. Now "E" can use the nifty chef's hat toy.
- Copy over macros from other toons. I'll paste them at the end of this article.
- Acquire Legion: Dalaran Hearthstone - I didn't bother until 55 but was able to pick one up from the Innkeeper in the Ledgermane Lounge in Legion-Dalaran. In case you forgot where that is, the entrances are street-level about where the words "CHAMBER OF" are.
- Buy WowToken? For $20, starting off on a new realm with +180k gold isn't a bad start. I figured it was cheaper than the character transfer fees and it would eventually be a good base for starting an AH business. So far that's not paying off with hardly any of my WOD leveling BOEs selling. Items immediately purchased:
- 30+ slot bags
- Training for the fastest flying!
- Supplies for professions
After ~36hrs played, I hit 60 while finishing a dungeon. There were a number of Plaguefall runs where we only really fought the last 2 bosses. I quit running a damage meter at one point, so not sure what my numbers really were.
Max level means gearing up, completing that the covenant campaign and TORGHAST. This video reminded me the obvious first upgrade is crafted gear. Crafter cloth gear cost me about 2000 for almost full-set of gear. I didn't buy a new helm (as I forgot and) as that would quickly be replaced by legendary if all works out ok.
Sometime later: Now that 9.1 has dropped and Korthia is explorable, just by running the content, she's replaced all that Covenant gear with 207 drops and upgraded a few to 213/220 pieces.
Macros - Here are the existing macros that I use on my alliance warlock on Proudmoore.
** use trinkets then cast corruption
** attempt at using a single CURSE button, but doesn't pay off most of the time.
/cast [nomod] Curse of Weakness
/cast [mod:shift] Curse of Tongues;[mod:alt] Curse of Exhaustion:[mod:ctrl] Curse of Tongues;
** casts fear on focus if exists, otherwise on the current target
/cast [target=focus] fear
** casts mortal coil on focus if exists, otherwise on the current target
#show Mortal Coil
/cast [target=focus] Mortal Coil
** when demonic circle exists, click to teleport, hold SHIFT to place demonic circle
/cast [nomod] Demonic Circle: Teleport
/cast [mod:shift] demonic Circle
** creates a single button to create a healthstone/soulwell and use a healthstone when exists.
/use [nomod] healthstone
/cast [mod:shift] Create Soulwell ;[mod:alt] Create Healthstone
** triggers Fishing Buddy add-on
Note: I am using a warlock weak auras and it was overlapping the default UI's soul shards display in the middle of the screen. I found this Reddit post detailing the place to turn it off.
Post a Comment