Questing? Who Needs Questing?
second to last boss of Oculus and loot was being distributed. I almost completely missed grabbing a screenshot when it happened. Happily, I was able to switch to healer (green) dragon rather easily after a test wipe. Spam #1 on boss, then it's a warlock style health funnel (#3) on the party.
- BOA gear didn't appear to grant extra XP; when turning in a quest. I flipped between a level 80 green chest and the boa chest and saw the same 7500 xp for a hyjal quest.
- BOA gear has an estimated iLevel of 187.
- By replacing my wrath BOA gear, with cata greens, I was able to get to up to an ilevel of 216. I spent approximately 150g at the AH and bought 4 or 5 ilevel 265+ gear.
- Questing in Hyjal, is, well, boring. At least compared to dungeon running. (IMHO). I completed 16 quests into the area, picked up a nice 275 green quest reward staff, then looked for something else.
- Dungeons have lost their locate me, before you play me requirement. At i226 gear score, I was able to queue up for BRM and TOT.
- So far, mana hasn't been an issue. I can only remember one DK tank who I couldn't manage to keep alive and it wasn't because of OOM issues. He would take damage in 40% hits, but this same tank also had patience issues. He started a boss fight in ToT before all the DPS was even back from the graveyard. b'bye, vote-kick!
- Gear sites like Wow-heroes.com and askmrRobot.com are now (starting to be) relevant; providing gear options.
- During the last 2 dungeons, Throne and Blackrock, dropped a trinket for her. This means that she's replaced all pre-cataclysm BOA gear. This brought her gear score up to i277.
- Leveling isn't THAT much slower with only 1 BOA piece (cloak) and perks available with a level 16 guild. After the 16 quests, I ran 1 heroic wrath (70 justice points) and 2 normal cata dungeons (140 justice points) and dinged 81.
- At 81, 2 more of the Cataclysm dungeons opened up to me.